History

This year will mark the 129th year of Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church. The first services were conducted in the fall of 1886 and have continued on a regular basis since that time. Three different church buildings have been built; many different Pastors and teachers have served the congregation over the years; many different people have attended worship services, school, and congregational events; many different members have served as church leaders, leaders and members of the ladies groups, Sunday School teachers and Vacation Bible School teachers, choir members, and youth organizations. Since 1888 the church has maintained a church cemetery located 1 ½ miles west of Hoskins with early members of our congregation as well as later members buried there.


Early in the history of our congregation Trinity Lutheran School was established. Many children were taught academics as well as Christian education and values through this ministry of our church. To complement this ministry Tiny Tots Preschool began in the fall of 2000.

Over the years of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church many things have changed. What it cost to build the second church ($4000.00) doesn’t even pay our electric bill today. We don’t speak German in our services anymore, names have changed, and traditions have changed. Everyone can say “I remember when . . .”, but what has stayed the same and will always stay the same, is the truth of God’s word. The unending message of God’s love for us as sinners, His provision for us through His Son, Jesus Christ for our salvation, and His justice and grace to sustain us and our congregation through each day ahead. May we as a congregation go forward in His grace as we seek His Word, His guidance, and to serve Him in all that we do.

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, a church body of over 1,200 congregations and 400,000 fellow Christians. Our synod has been organized for the purpose of establishing practical cooperation in the work of God’s kingdom. It gives assistance and counsel to pastors, teachers, and congregation. It trains full-time workers for service in the Lord’s Church and supports the spread of the Gospel around the world and is associated with world missions and sister churches in 32 countries around the world.

“As men, women, and children united in faith and worship by the Word of God, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod exists to make disciples throughout the world for time and eternity, using the gospel in Word and Sacrament to win the lost for Christ and to nurture believers for lives of Christian service all to the glory of God.”

 

Pastor Rodney Rixe

Contact: P.O. Box 25 Hoskins, NE 68740 tlc@trinityinhoskins.com

Print Print | Sitemap
A member congregation of WELS